Contractor Selection Process
Selecting a contractor can be a difficult process if you’re not sure what questions to ask and how they will relate to your job. Here is a set of questions you should consider when interviewing people for your next project:
- What is your approach to a project of this scope?
- How do you operate?
- Is your company a full service or specialty firm?
- Do you have design services available?
- Does your company carry workers compensation and liability insurance?
- Are any of your company's employees certified?
- May I have a list of references for projects you have completed which are similar to mine?
- What percentage of your business is repeat or referral business?
- How many projects like mine have you completed in the past 12 months?
- Will we need a permit for this project?
- Do I feel comfortable with and trust the person I am about to hire?
Download our contractor checklist.